Shopping for a gift for a new or expecting mom can be a challenge. What was popular one year isn’t necessarily popular the next and sometimes what works for one baby doesn’t always work for another. Mother’s Day is a fun way to bless a new or expecting mom with some fun treats.
Plus one lucky mama will win this prize package from Itzy Ritzy including
- Infinity nursing scarf with leather cuff
- Infant car seat cover
- A pair of moccasins and matching pacifier clip
- A wet bag
(giveaway runs 4/10 3PM PST to 4/13 11:59PM PST) Open to US residents only.
Some gift ideas for a new or expecting mom
- A meal. It can be a homemade meal, takeout or gift card to the family’s favorite restaurant. As a new mom it is refreshing to have an evening where dinner is taken care of by somebody else. If the baby is new, offer to simply drop off the meal. As much as everyone wants to visit the new baby and mama, remember that the family is adjusting to a new schedule.
- A nursing scarf or shawl. One of the most intimidating things about being a new mom can be going out in public for the first time. While some restaurants and stores are great about having nursing lounges, others don’t have these and when baby is hungry they will let the whole restaurant know! These nursing scarves from Itzy Ritzy are cute and stylish.
- A gift certificate to babysit. This can be such a treat for new parents. They might want to go to a movie or dinner or just take a nap! If there is an older sibling, the parents might even want to take the older sibling out for some special time. Adjusting to a new baby can be hard for everyone. If you don’t feel comfortable babysitting or live far away, ask the family if they have a trusted nanny/babysitter and offer to do a gift certificate that way
A car seat cover. We didn’t realize the beauty of the car seat cover until flu/cold season. The car seat cover seemed genius to me. It made it dark when the baby was sleeping. But I didn’t realize that it also helps from “stopping” people from putting their hands in the stroller/car seat and touching the baby. People can’t resist touching a cute baby even if they don’t know the parents. So a cover is especially helpful during times of the year when people have colds and coughs. We love the prints that Itzy Ritzy has for their car seat covers.
- A diaper bundle. We love practicality when it comes to gifts. Ask the mom if she has a preference when it comes to brand of diapers and couple it with wipes, rash cream and a wet bag. Because blow outs can get the best of us. We love the wet bags from Itzy Ritzy, they have prints that match many of the other products they have. Plus, once baby is grown, they can be used for swim/beach bag.
- Baby toes are the cutest, but once they start crawling and moving it is nice to have some moccasins for them. Whether it is metallics, prints, or little dinosaur feet, Itzy Ritzy has some cute styles to choose from.